FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eminem has his 8 Mile, I’ll take my 4 Mile (United Int’l and Premium Service F)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:17 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Rick was the 1st FA to greet me in the First Class Cabin, he gave me a couple minutes to snap away some pictures which were fantastic then came back with a PDB of champagne

Coach cups for PDB in Global First????

If you need to use plastic, can’t you at least go the AA model and use plastic wine glasses?

We were fully booked today in First and Business Class today

I started calling my contacts to indicate I was onboard, the time started to click away to pushback time.
Am I good to go…
What were people complaining the most lately against UA, Cancellations and Mechanicals.

This was no exception as I repeatedly had to call back for updated reports from people and vice versa.
Sorry, but I was withholding information at that time until I was in the air to be sure.
The FAs noticed I was making a lot of call and suggest not to worry, we are usually early on this flight. The passenger in 4H look like Kumar from White Castle. Rick also noted he had heard United about the 4 mile story on the HKG flights, apparently it was on CNN Headline News on wed nights which I later found out en-route. Oh Sh!T !!!
I need to study some more political science and learn how to divert attention away.

Two rolling delays of 15 mins each, first to 11:45am and then noon. You didn’t know how nervous I was, imagine if the GA suddenly came onboard. What will I do, the small mechanical problem got fixed and Door 2L got shut at 12:07pm, plane took off at 12:35pm after waiting in a line of 6-7 planes.

You know this was a flight you were praying where you didn’t want a reject takeoff, nothing fancy, make sure we’re over the Pacific and I’ll be good.

Took off on a similar route as most Japan, Taiwan and North America flights, first south of Hong Kong then Eastward toward Kaohsiung before turning Northeast toward Japan.
Captain Berne indicated 11 hr 45 mins of flight time today to San Francisco

Was I in Hong Kong or this is closer to Hawaii?

I had 2 wonderful FAs onboard today, Purser Katie, and Rick which I say definitely match and went above the service of my June CX F flight on YVR-HKG.
Yes my last CX F wasn’t great at all.
Instead of Honey, I shrunk the Kids, its Honey, I shrunk the lobster
Forgotten salads, desserts, pralines, drinks on that flight

F service is all about teamwork, the 3 FAs in F, Auggie in the galley and Katie and Rick in rotation back and forth brings a very steady service. No hesitation on drinks or taking plates whatsoever by both Rick and Katie.
Smi/J, bring more of these customer service orientated FAs and this is a change I like

What with condensation on the 747, I always get ice droplets, this time, on and off for 2 hours

Especially after what happen with the 4 mile deal, I wonder if this holds true?

UA 862 Lunch

Warm Appetizer
Pesto Prawn in saffron potato and vegetable spanakopita with puttanesca sauce

Soup
Roasted Pepper and Eggplant

Fresh Seasonal Greens
Sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper and croutons with your choice of classic Caesar dressing or honey sesame soy vinaigrette

Main Course
Herb-Onion Crusted Filet Mignon
Red wine jus, truffled parsley mashed potatoes and Mediterranean style vegetables

American-style Barbecue Baby Back Pork Ribs
Barbecue sauce, potato wedges, herbed green beans, and roasted tomato

Fillet of Red Snapper
Orange-Miso glaze, wheat soba noodles, carrots and spinach

Three Cup Chicken
Jade Fried Rice, broccoli, carrot flower and bamboo tips

To Finish
International Cheese Selection
Grapes and Crackers
Served with Graham’s late bottled Vintage Port

Dessert
Ice Cream with your choice of toppings
And assorted petite treats

A quick water and nuts service to start off first then by personalized drink service by Rick. No rolling carts in the aisle for drinks, all tray service

Bread Basket

Went with my favorite Garlic bread

Are you two having an identity crisis? COdbaUA indeed

Philipponnat Brut 2006, Way too sour, didn’t even bother to finish the glass

Appetizer, Pesto Prawn in saffron potato and vegetable spanakopita with puttanesca sauce

Delicious but petite, it is better than the AA appetizers I’ve seen although its been a while since I flew Flagship F TPAC.

Soup, tasted fine, close to burnt my tongue, so hot

Salad, went with Sesame vinaigrette

No meats or special side dish like AA but it was delicious

Part 2 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Jul 22, 2012 at 1:16 pm