FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:00 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Seating advice - J on A380 JFK-FRA

First off, yes, I have read the post in the sticky FAQ on the best seats. And I've looked thru relevant posts. Looking for advice on seating for a couple in J on the A380 config with Y at the back end of the upper deck. This is the seat map as it stands right now:

We currently have 14K/15K as I though it would be nice to have a window. However, I'm concerned about the proximity of the lav to 15K. The videos I've seen show a very small ledge/shelf between the lav wall and 15K. Is that enough to isolate the sound?

Also, I see that the rear business cabin is far more empty than the front cabin. Would I be better off there? The only reason I was avoiding it is because I read on seatexpert that all the windows there are misaligned. Finally, I see that 18D/18F are open. I've rad that these can be nice because you don't have to sleep at an angle. Are there any disadvantages (other than losing the window)?

If it helps, I'd say our main goal on the flight is to get some sleep prior to arrival in FRA.