FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you do if people next door are smoking pot and the hotel won't do a thing?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:20 am
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Why would you want to complain?
How much worse is pot than cigarettes?
How much worse is pot than alcohol?

I can see that second hand pot smoke could affect your drug test. If that's your concern, ask to be moved.
Originally Posted by uszkanni
I would just note that some professions require their people to be drug free and those people are tested for, amongst other things, pot. A person who is exposed to second hand pot smoke might test positive and this could be a problem for them.

Since this is FT, imagine if your pilot smelled of pot as s/he entered the aircraft (the smell does cling to clothing, after all). They might just get pulled from the flight (can't afford to take chances) and find themselves peeing into a cup. Depending on just how much smoke infiltrated into their room, they might fail the test - possibly with serious consequences to their career.
Yes. I already stated that of that's your concern, ask the hotel to move you to another floor.

Originally Posted by slawecki
are you conjecturing, or do you know this to be a fact. race car drivers and professional athletics are tested frequently. really frequently. i have never heard of a reported second hand smoke dope bust.
There maybe ways to get around drug use. Someone who doesn't do pot may not know. I don't.
You apply for a job that requires security clearance.
On your form, you state you don't do drugs.
Your drug tests positive.

The Govt, your employer, may think, you lied.
Now the onus is on you to convince your employer that the positive result of the drug test was not due to your drug use.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jul 21, 2012 at 10:02 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts of same member.