FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:20 am
Microsando

Originally Posted by CDKing
I said back in 2007 that I would excercise every day. Does that mean i'm stuck with that decision for 20 years? Just becaue they said it does not mean its now the rule for time to come.
I disagree. You are not a corporation that provides a service to customers. You exercise for yourself, which doesn't affect other people whether you exercise or not. United, a huge corporation that affects millions of flyers, on the other hand, issued a public statement, no - a promise, two years ago in a well read newspaper that stated they would honor any mistake made, no matter how big. They should be held accountable for such a promise when it is put to the test, which clearly they are not. This, in my opinion, promotes poor PR for them as a company.
If you promised your friend $2 for every day that you didn't exercise and you stopped exercising and then you decided you didn't really need to pay your friend because you didn't really mean your promise, that might approach comparison, but not really.