FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:47 am
Milezjunkie

Originally Posted by apk123
Despite united's claims, the full price charged was 4 miles:

1) Airlines (including united) often have promotions with redemption levels below the published charts.
2) Airlines often display one price at the first screen and another price at the subsequent screen. Always, the price displayed in the last page is what matters.
3) A breakdown of the charges above the "total price" is an optional section for informational purposes only.

So none of united's excuses invalidate the fact that the "full price" requested was 4 miles.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to read the first report of ANYONE that had only 4 miles taken out for the HKG ticket. For those without enough miles for a ticket, ZERO miles were taken out. That would indicate the ticket was NOT paid for. The taxes may have been paid but NOT the ticket. That is the reason your tickets were canceled - you never paid for them. Those of us that had the miles taken out have not had our tickets canceled. Asking for more miles would definitely fall under the issue of charging more after ticketing. Now if you actually had just 4 miles taken out then I am mistaken.