FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:36 am
PanGalactic
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
You can transfer miles into a BA HHA, I have done it with BMI miles. You simply cannot transfer into an avios.com HHA, or out of one. The reason is that an avios.com HHA is genuinely pooled (ie you no longer have your own individual balance) unlike BA.

What I explained above is what you have to do if you (the parent) want to get 2,500 Avios in YOUR account by exploiting your kids, without having to put yourself in a HHA with your kids (which for various reasons may be impractical).
That would make perfect sense, since the HHA miles are effectively shared miles, but.....

On BA.com

On Iberia.com

I can send Avios round in a BA(HHA)->IB->Avios.com circle all day long, but BA->IB and IB->BA just ain't happening!

I therefore believe that the 2,500's are going to get stuck in IB with no way to get them out, unless of course your child has miles they can send to IB and make the redemption from there, but then they would be on a different PNR, Unaccompanied Minor, other complications too no doubt, etc etc