FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:10 pm
uva185

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
My Complaint Email:

I purchased a ticket on July 15th, 2012 from United Airlines and received an email confirmation from United Airlines on July 15th, 2012.

My confirmation email showed that my flights had been confirmed, my record locators had been created, and ticket number 016XXXXXXXXXX had been issued.

My receipt indicates the full fare (composed of miles and money) was 4 miles and $40.50. My credit card was charged in full in the amount of $40.50 by United Airlines on July 15th, 2012.

My ticket was cancelled unilaterally by United Airlines without notice on July 19th, 2012. I called United Airlines who informed me that United Airlines would not honor this ticket at the quoted amount due to a pricing error on their part.

Per 14 CFR 399.84, I was not advised that my ticket price was subject to change, and I believe this action by United Airlines to cancel my ticket is an unfair and deceptive practice in violation of 49 U.S.C. § 41712.

Furthermore, guidance from the DOT provided #8 at (http://airconsumer.dot.gov/rules/EAP...-2012final.doc) appears to apply to this situation.

I’m asking the DOT to investigate this matter further with United Airlines to determine why this happened, and for my ticket to be reinstated.