FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:40 pm
lightangel

Programs: UA 1K
I don't think we were "entitled" to those tickets. Never really thought it would be honored anyway. I'm just disappointed with the way they handled this "crisis". Cancel before an email notice is kind of "revenue" before customer service IMO. I agree that we really hope UA learns a lesson from this, but I doubt they will...
We'll see

Originally Posted by 1015-1k
Dare I say, after reading all of this thread, I somewhat agree with the over entitled statement. Do the airlines screw us over? Yes. Did I want to get a jab back at them? Admittedly yes. But were we entitled to these tickets.? Not convinced of that one yet. There does need to be some reason in these decisions. Just as I suggest that the airlines need to provide more leniency for us as well. I do hope this serves as a lesson to UA to shape up their attitudes towards customer service.

This is coming from a GS, who also receives a fare share of crap from UA and who already has one foot out the door and in AA's camp (which treats its campers much much more hospitalably.)