FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Europe Travel
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:19 am
fattom7

Advice on Europe Travel

Hi,

My gf and I are going to have a month off and I am planning to go somewhere in September (yeah, it's a rather last minute trip). I have some Delta miles to burn and found availability on flights to Europe so I thought that would be a great place to go since my gf hasn't been there yet. My original plan was to spend a few days in Paris (on a stopover) and then spend the rest of the time in Spain. However, as I read more about Spain (and Europe in general), I wonder if Spain (or even Europe) is the right destination for us.

Here is something about us:
- We like nature, outdoor, and food but not so much big cities, arts, history, or architecture.
- I've been to London, Paris, and Dublin. I enjoyed staying there for a few days but it's just not my kind of places to spend a whole month in (my gf hasn't been to any of those places though)
- Among the non-US cities I've been to, I loved Cuzco, Peru and Easter Island (I think it's the locals I met and they are different).
- The goal of the trip is to relax and recharge (so we don't plan to hit many spots and we don't really care about going to those 'must-see' spots either) and, at the same time, experience the local culture.
- The reason we picked Europe is that we can use our Delta awards. We haven't booked it yet.

Here is my questions:
- It seems like there are so many historic buildings, cathedrals, histories, arts in Europe in general. Given that we aren't too interested in it, I feel like we would feel super bored after like a week... What do you think?
- Do you know where I can find more information about the non-big cities in Europe? It seems like all the guidebooks and forums are about all the 'must-see' and I makes me feel even Europe isn't the right destination for us.

Thanks for your help!!!

Tom