FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertaining situation at LGA
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:49 am
M60_to_LGA

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by fiddlestickies
Update: pilots are here, and sounding audibly angry about the mix-up. They are saying they have no idea why there was this problem and they are just as confused as we are. Anyway, they have comped the direct tv on the plane which is nice. Just a huge miscommunication though which has frustrated and delayed lots of people.
Your comment is very interesting to me. I had a similar situation on a UA flight from ORD-SAN last month. We were all sitting on the plane for an extended period of time without pilots. The FA told us the pilots were delayed because Obama was in Chi and they had closed/restricted the airspace or something. Eventually, after well over an hour, the pilots made it. The main pilot got on the PA and said they were delayed three hours at EWR due to an MX. He was also audibly angry and extremely apologetic.

Based on his comments, your report, and the info I've read on this forum, it seems clear to me that UA has inexplicably and completely lost the ability to schedule flight crews properly.

This airline is a mess... I've never seen anything like it in my life.