FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertaining situation at LGA
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:20 am
fiddlestickies

Entertaining situation at LGA

On UA 1126 right now and have been sitting on the plane for an hour and a half at the gate. Flight was originally scheduled to depart at 9:40 but was delayed to 10:10 due to a late arrival last night. At 10:10 FA comes on to inform is that as soon as we have pilots(!!!) we can leave. Nearly an hour of silence followed by the FA coming on again to inform us that the flight
attendants and the pilots were given two different departure times. FA's at 10:10 and pilots were told to only be in the airport at 11:10. Pretty impressive mess here.

On top of that a 7:00 am flight also to Denver on UA was delayed for 3 and a half hours. The two flights(UA 1126 and the other one) are at the same gate so those folks(who have a ready and waiting plane with pilots) are currently going into their 5th hour of delay. I realize that is probably LGA's problem because of gate availability but who's fault is the mess with the pilots and FA's?, I don't have a problem since I'm on vacation but many many many people are missing connections and are getting pretty steamed about the reason why. So far, the FA's have offered water to everyone.