FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:43 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1015-1k
HKG keeps getting solely mentioned throughout these posts and media stories. A reminder to all that mainland china origins/destinations also qualified for the "deal".

(probably coincidentally, but maybe not if this was a malicious act, 4 and 8 carry a lot superstition in Chinese culture. 4 being extremely bad, 8 being fantastic)

On Sunday, I tried to book "the deal" into PVG and it didn't work. I switched to HKG and -- bingo. Not sure why this happened, and I didn't go back to try to book PVG.

Not sure how many folks are holding "mainland China" tickets but, obviously, my previous comments about getting a visa are different if you need one to get to your destination. If I were booked in the next couple of weeks to a mainland China destination and needed the visa, I'd go and apply for one now, and assume UA would be picking up the tab if they cancelled the rez. Chinese visas aren't so easy to get at the last minute.