FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:40 am
apk123

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by murphyUA
You should look up the word "reasonable" ("rational" too if you have time).

Also, like I said in two previous posts. This is the first time this type of error has ever happened (AFAIK). If it happens with any regularity, of course there should be a little DOT love. Heck, the DOT should even step in NOW, but that still doesn't mean these tickets should be honored (in my opinion, at least).
"Reasonable" is already addressed in the mistake fare law. There is no requirement that the mistake fare be "reasonable".

I don't care if it's the first time or not, I am quite scared of any openning of a door that will allow airlines to say that the quoted total price is not really the quoted total price because of something that was displayed somewhere else during the transaction. Delta already implements bad-to-consumer policies under the disguise of "IT errors" that never get fixed which are in truth "features". Airlines tend to try to get away with whatever they can and I'm quite scared to see them playing games trying to find out what's "reasonable".

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
same here. i think united should honor the tickets. and it would be okay if they make the ticket non-changable. no date changes or routing changes etc. that would be a good compromise.
+1

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 18, 2012 at 7:15 am