FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:03 pm
GMUJD06

I have a question for everyone who claims those of us who booked the deal should be kicked out of MP.

As oft-noted above, I booked one trip. At the time I booked it, I had no expectation that UA would honor the ticket, but figured hey, if they do, awesome! I have not made one post threatening to sue, or even file a DOT complaint should my ticket be cancelled. I simply booked a ticket, and am sitting back to let the chips fall as they may.

To date, other than Shannon's post about this time last night, no one from UA has contacted me to inform me of their intention to cancel my ticket. To date, UA has not unilaterally chosen to cancel my ticket.

Assuming I fulfill my original intent to go quietly in the night if UA cancels my ticket (I'm fairly non-confrontational...ironic for a lawyer, eh?), do you think it would be fair for UA to cancel my MP account should they decide to honor the deal without any threats or provocation from me?

Given the facts as they currently stand, I don't think any of us should lose our status, miles, accounts, simply because we booked a ticket. If we, individually, were to cause bigger headaches for United, say, by filing a lawsuit, that's a different argument for a different day. But as things currently stand, UA hasn't even contacted me to say "hey, we made a mistake, mind if we cancel" and given me the courtesy of agreeing.