FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:55 pm
lalala

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
[QUOTE=I Love to Travel;18948195
While I can still use them for FC, I hadn't expected to see any "changes" to my current certificates. They added the reference to the "coach class only" after 7/31/12. In other words, I expected the T&C's to be worded exactly the same as when first issued. I don't recall the loss of certificate being there before if one makes flight changes. If it was part of the T&C's when certificate was issued, then that was the rule for this certificate. But, if it wasn't indicated, then this tells me that they can change the T&Cs on these certificates after they have been issued anytime they want.[/QUOTE]

IMHO, this is probably due to their content management system not doing a great job of discerning between two categories (before and after) of terms and conditions and just replaces information from the old with new.