FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globe Owners Rejoice!
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:58 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by mikeef
If I were carrying a snow globe, I'd carry a copy of the new rule with me (to be told, of course, that the new rule is already out of date and the snow globes have been re-banned). It actually is an issue for me, since my kids love snow globes.

Mike
New rule won't matter - not just for the reason (backed by a recent post by an alleged TSA rep) cited in my post above.

TSOs occasionally still confiscate LGAs because the container isn't specifically labelled, regardless of size (small shampoo bottle, same size as other containers in baggie, but label has worn off).

I expect we'll see repeats of the 'cupcake' incident, where, in the absence of clearer rules, a non-globe shape will get confiscated or a TSO will simply 'guess' that your snow globe contains 3.5 ounces of liquid.

Website print-out? The website still doesn't make clear that ice chips (remember Brittany Spears) are allowed, even though during that incident we were told that the rules had recently changed, the website just hadn't been updated yet (and still hasn't). The website is always out-of-date or TSA does it 'differently' at the airport you're at.