FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:13 pm
Yammer
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
With all due respect, I think most of the content has very little to do with this particular situation here. Simply adding up what your feel about United as a whole does not make them change their mind in this particular case.

This is apparently a mistake fare from programming/IT. When most pages show the correct miles required but the final receipt was only a single digit, this basically bypassed all the hurdle of award ticketing that required standard or saver miles.(I think somebody in IT might have deliberately screwed this up with United 'by adding a divider to the equation', but who knows?) Think about the same system without exactly quoting four or eight miles, you would be able to book any tickets you want even though you do not have enough miles to redeem the tickets. Automatic systems did their job to confirm the tickets, but it will be accounting department to take care of the redemption process.
First, it wasn't most screens showing the higher amount. All screens involving actually purchasing and receipts have the lower amount. I have purchased tickets before with United and Continental where the price was increased right before purchasing. This is similar only it was lower. Some of you are so jealous that you didn't participate and are being completely illogical.