FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by N1120A
Shannon and the rest of United:

I have flown United exactly once, one way LAX-DEN, in the last 3 months. The reason for this is the extreme downgrades in service quality since the PSS conversion combined with the shift, almost exclusively, to Continental's way of doing things.

I have shifted my business to American Airlines, who not only matched my status, but offer higher service levels and a better frequent flyer program. They have welcomed me with open arms.

United, the one with the stylized U on the airplane, was my favorite airline from the time I was a small child. I've held elite status on United since 2005 and have been a 1K since 2009. That United honored every, single contract I ever entered into with it. That United bent over backwards to take care of me when things went wrong and I rewarded United with thousands upon thousands of dollars in business every year.

This United has apparently decided it will not honor the contract I entered into with it. Beyond the fact that I view such a stance as absolutely illegal, I view it as completely immoral and unethical. Whether or not this was a "mistake fare" makes no difference. I bought a ticket that United issued. That should be honored. I don't think either United or Continental would have done such a thing before the merger.

When American did their status match, my plan was to requalify on both airlines and see what I wanted to do from the start of next year. I don't see a point in that anymore. This United, which (short of some really excellent sUA front line staff who you have tortured with this merger) is not really United, has given me every reason to leave - and I control every single penny of where my travel dollar goes.
The greatest irony of this is that they never would have sold that seat for $10,000. They'd have given it away to a kettle for $149.