FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaky 'drop fee' in ANC
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:15 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by robbert
Got mail back from Avis that their computer system is "not-mechanized" meaning that they can not see rental contracts from ANC. They refer me to a phone number in ANC. I submitted my request through the ANC Avis website, will see what that brings.
Ugh, not a good sign. I would press forward with Avis corporate, not Avis in ANC, and tell them basically "Tough, it's not my problem that you can't see ANC's contracts. You deal with it internally; I expect my problem to be solved by you."

Avis ANC won't do anything for you--or if they do, I'll be shocked.

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I hate that Avis claims that ANC (and ILM, another franchise that I regularly have issues with) when they claim "sorry, they are a franchise and we can't do anything about it." Some of these franchises are not following corporate standards and Avis looks the other way.
It's very stupid. As a premium company, you'd expect them to have procedures in place for this. Dollar Thrifty has systems in place to import the rental data from their franchises, and even in situations where it isn't working right, their customer service department will manually contact the individual franchise to obtain records by fax. Dollar Thrifty's customer service department even has the ability to make judgments on customer service situations and back-bill the individual franchise if a judgment is made in favor of the customer. If the value brands can do it, certainly Avis should.