FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:54 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Vunder31
Have the miles been deducted from your account? If not, UA could claim that you haven't paid "the full amount".
No matter what the receipt says, the system will try to deduct the "normal" mileage (successful in the case where the passenger had enough miles in the account).
According to previous posts here, the booking page showed the correct mile "price" at the top, but the wrong amount further down, which could be enough for UA to argue that customers should have realized that the 4 mile fare is a computer screw-up and not consistent with the published award charts.
However the deduction of miles is 100% in UA's control, I have no ability to "force" the miles to be deducted...So for them to claim that "I" didn't pay in full is shaky. And if I didn't pay in full, why did they issue me a confirmed ticket?

This wouldn't be the first time, with UA or other airlines, that someone did not have miles deducted when they were issued an award ticket.

UA sent me the e-ticket and invoice showing payment of the required taxes/fees and 4 miles/ticket. That UA failed to reflect the deduction in my mileage balance is their problem and something they are more than welcome to rectify at any time - I won't miss the 12 miles total out of my <1K balance!