FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:18 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by edcho
They probably just opened the fare buckets so that they can be booked by agents but disabled purchasing those flights on UA.com?
They were open last night, too. I have screen shots from 8pm-ish with award seats available:

They could not be booked using UA's online system but they were bookable via partners (the X inventory).
Originally Posted by yerffej201
haha oops I meant getting any compensation.
A held ticket is subject to all the laws regarding regular ticketing, isn't it?
You don't change the price without prior notice.
No, it is not. The transaction is only protected once the full agreed upon amount has been tendered. Until that time the DoT protections do not apply.
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
Has UA blocked searching for all award inventory ex HKG? I have been trying all day to look for award at regular rates. It does not show me any flights at all. I can't find a single one way flight departing 14 April to US gateway cities at any award price.
They did yesterday afternoon. Basically removed HKG from the award engine.
Originally Posted by harry0233
You will always get your tax back if you cancel your tix
Only after paying the ticket cancellation fee. For top elites that would be free but for others there may be real costs there. If UA doesn't honor the tickets then you should get the taxes back without issue. If they do honor them but you want to cancel anyways I'd bet against you.