FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:18 pm
GMUJD06

I've been keeping up with this thread since the beginning, and got in on the deal (two DCA-HKG for 8 miles and $81). Here are my thoughts on the matter, for what its worth.

There seem to be two general schools of thought. Either you're on your soap box that its immoral and unethical to take advantage of UA and then expect them to beg for your loyalty, or you're entitled to the ticket and will threaten to sue and/or file a DoT complaint if its not.

Like I said, I booked the tickets, but I don't believe it was unethical for me to do so. I did so knowing that it likely won't work out, but hey, if it does, its like winning the lottery. If not, just like the lottery, it was fun playing the game and dreaming about my trip to HKG in GF. I don't have any intention of suing or filing a complaint with DoT, but likewise, I shouldn't be hated on or called unethical if I managed to get an awesome trip to HKG out of this mess.