FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:33 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gvol21
I'm convinced that there might be some on West Wacker Drive who see a good opportunity in this to help 'make amends' with frequent flyers, many of whom have been disgruntled since March. Less the people who bought a bazillion roundtrips, UA isn't losing a significant amount of money on these tickets, provided they're on UA metal. They're out the opportunity cost of those first class seats, of course, but what's the likelihood that they'd be filled anyway?
<snip>
Actually, this would be a pretty poor way to "make amends" with frequent fliers. I did not book these trips and have no desire to take unnecessary award trips just for the pleasure of UA GF cabin.

I don't judge those that went for it, but UA has real problems to make amends for including the inability to keep my mileage account accurate or show why my balance keeps changing, horrible irrops, customer service failures, stranding passenger for days, shifting seat assignments, increasing schedule failures....need I go on?

I know some want to keep these tickets, and fine for that, but do not extrapolate this out to think this addresses anything beyond a horrific pricing error.