FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:38 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Coakers
Hi - I have done a search of the threads and found some of the answers to my questions - however would appreciate any answers around the following:

I am booked on a paid stay at Glasgow Marriott, and having taken advantage of the Status Challenge to Gold, am currently Priority Club Plat and temporarily upgraded to Marriott Gold, I can see on my booking that my room type has been upgraded to Executive Lounge Access.

I understand for being a Gold Member that you are entitled to Breakfast - is this served in the lounge?

What time does the lounge close and what is offered in the lounge by way of refreshments.

Any other comments?

Thanks
Chris

PS - Does anyone know what this is about on my booking: "Due to a high profile sporting event, there will be additional security within the hotel July 13-27, 2012"?
As a Gold member you're entitled to exec lounge access. So the breakfast offered will probably be in there. What is offered for breakfast varie by property. Some properties give an option of lounge or restaurant, but that's at their discretion. Those without a lounge provide breakfast in the restaurant.

Re: the extra security. Sounds like one of the teams playing might be staying in your hotel, hence the additional security re: overzealous fans, etc. I encountered that in San Francisco when the 49ers were playing the Cowboys several years ago.

Re: exec lounge hours etc. If you ever want to know things like that, go the property's website, click on explore our hotel, then guest rooms, then click on a room type offering lounge access & it will bring up details of hours, what's offered when, etc (well, usually - that varies by property).

For the Glasgow Marriott it says:

This room features Executive lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 06:00hrs to 00:00hrs Daily
Closed: No food or alcoholic beverages available from Friday evening until Sunday morning
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Business services, for a fee
Free Beer and wine available Sunday to Thursday evening

So, the lounge is open daily from 6am-midnight. However, it's 'closed' on the weekend in that it doesn't serve food or drink from probably after the breakfast hour on Fri until appetizer hour on Sun eve. In that case you'll probably get breakfast in the restaurant on Sat/Sun if that's when you're staying.

It's also a change from a year ago when it was reported open in the sticky.

If you decide to stay at the property, please do a 'trip report' after your stay so FTers will have updated info.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:45 am