FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler Sues United [Judgment for UA Jan 2014] Judgment Affirmed Dec 2014
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:15 pm
AuBoutDuMonde

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, DL Silver, AA, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Thank you for reporting what you were told.

Considering that the class action was filed with UA's legal department, I highly suspect that the legal department would not share its intentions with rank and file UA employees during the present state of the class action. The complaint was only filed in late May of this year.
The new UA management has been too silent for too long to suddenly make a concession as you were told by an employee who is probably reporting a good faith rumor within UA.
-
I myself am a lawyer who has handled airline matters for more than 25 years. I am quite familiar with class action matters, so I am not naive about the legal issues involved. Lawsuits often end precipitously. My experience is that marketing is often quite out of sync with legal and such conversations could well be taking place. I am not holding my breath, but the conversation I had was quite lengthy, covering a lot of topics related to post-merger problems, and other specifics were shared regarding what is in the works, such as a web interface that is akin to the old UA website rather than the horrendous CO website that was adopted, also further revisons to the stampede boarding process. They are being slow to react, but it seems that the complaints being voiced in FT are starting to be heard.