FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can we request a AA/DL flight if the UA flight is cancelled due to weather?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:55 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by oldmonster
My wife and daughter are booked on UA882 (NRT-ORD, Y, 7/14) connecting to MEM, which was cancelled due to weather. I called UA to rebook. No valid Y routes on *A for the day although DL/AA routes are available in Y. I request them to be put on these routes. The agent declined my request, citing that only *A routes are permitted in weather. With many conflicting stories I heard from the premier line post 3/3, I am not sure whether this claim is true?
I feel for your family.

Is your wife 1K? If not, would your status allow them to be treated the same as a 1K during IRROPS?

I suspect that most non-status economy passengers can't be choosy about the rebooked route.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sorry - but you were offered a *A itinerary that UA is almost definitely going to force. The only way you could get on DL/AA or a non-*A is if there are no *A flights.
+1

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
You originally said that ORD-MEM was cancelled.
I think that OP meant that NRT-ORD was cancelled, though it was written in a way that might have been confusing.