FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Rabbit Card: BTS and MRT
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:40 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tad's Broiled Steaks
Also, considering that the MRT uses a token and the BTS a ticket, transferring (or am I missing an integral fact?)

Perhaps? FWIW the MRT does use an RFID ticket for stored-value, that may the integral fact you are missing?

Both systems use RFID technology; there is an RFID chip in the single-journey black MRT token. Using a single RFID card doesn't seem to be a challenge as far as I can determine. I think it is more of a back-room integration issue?

Now finding the right car/door to board can be challenging even for people like me who ride 4 ~ 6 times every day. Nowadays, on the BTS, the middle of the platform is better as this makes it easier to get on the first train at peak times. The first or last cars make for better exits and connections upstairs/downstairs at Siam. Then they throw in a new 4-car CNR set from the Silom line on the Sukhumvit line (weekends only now) to keep us on our toes, or switch an in-bound Silom line set over to the Sukhumvit line before Siam to get that train up to the yard at Mo Chit.

Last edited by transpac; Jul 14, 2012 at 6:42 pm