FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Potential A380 Order
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:00 am
maortega15

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
B777-300ER are superior over against A330s in every which way. I don't know how CX can fall in love with an inferior plane. I suspect the only reason for A350s purchase is the heavy discount. Airlines don't disclosed them but read the latest Wall Street Journal article on them. Airlines regularly get 30-60% off market listed price. I won't be surprise if Airbus given CX 50-60% off these A350-1000s that no one wanted to buy in 4 years.

Still wished CX have gotten some B787s to replace their regional fleets with. These regional planes are simply a joke that they really needed to go. Speaking of which, it's time for CX to seriously update their regional Biz class product. Even China Eastern's J product is starting to be as good as CX's J product. That's simply a joke to be able to put both of them in the same sentence.
I wasn't comparing the A330 with the 77W. We have both of them for different missions. And CX loves the A330 for medium haul ops. Hence we are the largest customer for the type and will have more comming in.

But from internal sources, we are looking at the 787-10 to replace the regional 773's.

And I say again, new regional seats are in the works!! Announcement should be later this year or next. The regional aircraft still have life in them so I hear where you are comming from. I feel the same way.