FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Potential A380 Order
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 am
Cathay Boy

Originally Posted by maortega15
Not to mention the current teething issues with the aircraft. Afterall, its the first aircraft for Arbus in the jumbo market. As far as the A350's go, I think its a safe bet. I guess they learned their mistakes from the flaws of the A345/A346. The A330's have hit the right notes for CX and apparently CX is in love with them. So the A350's will just hit the right note for them I predict.
B777-300ER are superior over against A330s in every which way. I don't know how CX can fall in love with an inferior plane. I suspect the only reason for A350s purchase is the heavy discount. Airlines don't disclosed them but read the latest Wall Street Journal article on them. Airlines regularly get 30-60% off market listed price. I won't be surprise if Airbus given CX 50-60% off these A350-1000s that no one wanted to buy in 4 years.

Still wished CX have gotten some B787s to replace their regional fleets with. These regional planes are simply a joke that they really needed to go. Speaking of which, it's time for CX to seriously update their regional Biz class product. Even China Eastern's J product is starting to be as good as CX's J product. That's simply a joke to be able to put both of them in the same sentence.