FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finish with a Bang, Start with a Bang (LX F, OZ F, CA J, CX J, AA F, SQ J, BA F)
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:50 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Found some nice ornaments near the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, which unfortunately took a little while to find outside the Metro exit

Around 2:30pm, Jardin des Plantes

2:50pm, Palais du Luxembourg

3:10pm, Pantheon, I would love to come back here but I didn’t realize EU passport under 25 y.o get in for free, would want to come back on another trip

3:40pm, Église Saint-Sulpice, feet was killing by now, walked close to 5 hours non-stop and the food I had the whole day was breakfast at Hyatt and cookies from the Metro station

About 4:10pm when I got to Eglise Saint-Germain-des-Prés, which had a small Christmas market, didn’t found anything I wanted though

Go away cloud cover, I’m still hoping to go to the Eiffel Tower tonight

4:45pm, Musée de l'Armée, was another museum I would love to come back the next time I get a chance

5:15pm, Musée d'Orsay, since I got there so late, the lady gave me a free ticket or was it free, never went to figure it out too much

6pm, Left the Orsay at closing time, it felt pretty good to sit down for 10 mins and to stretch out the toes, boy were they cramped up.
Around 6:20pm, Eiffel Tower, and it was a debate to go up or not, but if I had haul my butt all the way to Paris, might as well see how bad the line was before fully deciding

Surprisingly 1 entrance (South Entrance) was closed, 1 (North Entrance)was packed with a line over 1 hour, 1 (West Entrance)was the stair entrance which I didn’t want, had enough stairs from Cologne and somehow the only one left (East Entrance) didn’t had any wait? The ticket guy did advise the top was foggy but why not chance it?

This was taken on my way down but
The thought of the day “Be led and force-fed like a kettle”

Or “become a leader”

Part 3 Continues Below