FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can we request a AA/DL flight if the UA flight is cancelled due to weather?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:11 am
oldmonster

Programs: UA 1K MM
I can accept the fact the phone agent may see fewer flights and I can help them by telling them the alternative routes (with availability). However, the new premier line agents are not cooporative in securing the seat even when I told them the exact flight number. Instead, they used all excuses in order to create road blockers for you. For example, the last agent even told me that she can't accept a NH code share flight number (AC metal). When I pulled out the real AC flight number, she then insisted on where to go when your wife arrives at YVR? I told her the DL lfights, she said "so many airlines"... Essentially they tried their best to force you to accept the system generated itinerary. I do wish I was travelling with them since at least I know what we should expect and what we should do in this situation (maybe not so sure after 3/3). BTW, the system changed its mind again and put my wife/daughter on tomorrow's flight instead. Hopefully UA has paid for their hotel room.

I do miss the old 1k desk since at least they were good at ticketing the seat if I told them the exact flight numbers I want.

Originally Posted by nova08
I've had experience rebooking due to IRROPS both at the airport and on the phone. I agree handling at the airport is 1000 times easier. The only problem is you have to wait and if there are only a few seats left on your desired rebooking then you may be SOL.

My experience is that the phone agents can't see all partner flights (likely SHARES). For instance there were ~6 or 7 available flts on PHL-BDL, but my agent only saw 2. I had to have my corporate travel agency call them to tell them there was availability and then the UA agent had to receive approval from a supervisor. Essentially it was a waste of a few hours.