FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, Virginia [Master Thread]
Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:50 pm
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Here's an update...

I'm a plat and stayed 2 nights in early July 2012. I have stayed at this property, as well as the Westin many times. Notes.

- Got a cheap rate of like $102.

- Rooms are all suites. I've had the huge executive suite a few times (which has a full dining room table in it) but mostly get a standard two room suite on the club floors (9 or 10).

- rooms are perfectly fine. Two flat screen TVs, fridge, decent shower. Not lavish but nice.

- Club Lounge is average. You're typical finger foods at night and fruits, yogurts, cereal, and one hot item in the morning. Minimally staffed but fine.

- Pool... For the first time, I tried the pool area and was pleasantly surprised. It was on the 2nd floor with a 2nd floor rooftop deck where you can sun (if the sun angle is good).

- Location... This is what I like about this hotel over the more lavish Westin. It's located in a residential neighborhood with tons of historical houses close by. There awesome trails and recreation areas along the Patomac a few blocks away. You are a 5-10 min walk to the heart of old town, which has nice shops and restaurants.

There's a Trader Joes two blocks down, a nice Italian deli two blocks behind the hotel (towards the river), and a neighborhood sports bar around the corner.

Overall, I like this place. The Westin is a nicer hotel with a better club lounge but it's in a new business district and double the walk to the heart of old town. Because of the location, I stay at the Sheraton more than the Westin.