FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou points - cancel, downgrade & expiration considerations (2012 - 2023)
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:32 pm
CVG_Kid

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Sorting Out Citi ThankYou point expiration

Originally Posted by kayjay
Citi "stacks" (their terminology not mine) the points in chronological order, first in first out. Their computer system is able to track your usage across multiple sponsor accounts. However, their CS representatives claim that they cannot provide an individual with such an analysis.
You can provide your own analysis.

1. log into your ThankYou account

2. click on My Account > Point Summary

3. click on the Expiring link to the right of your total available points

4. click on the Show All link to the right of the 'Points Expiring' section

At this point you can now see each date of expiry in the series of your ThankYou points however you cannot see if the sponsor or if multiple sponsors share the same expiry date, so...

5. expand all the little orange + signs to see the sponsor(s) on that expiry date

Now at this point Citi should have sorted them for you but they didn't so you're going to have to sort them yourself. I got weirdness copying them into eXcel (mac) but found that they copied quite nicely into Word (mac) as a table and could then be sorted. The A>Z sort put the NA expiries on top but other than that they were now sorted in the order in which they will expire. This is also the FIFO (first in, first out) order that Citi will use them.

See the next post for a special consideration when closing a sponsor in a ThankYou account with combined sponsor accounts.

Last edited by CVG_Kid; Jul 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm