FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Challenge: The Least-Expensive Way to Get The Most Medallion Qualification Miles?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:45 pm
DaddyRabbit
Suspended

1 Cent Per Mile

Originally Posted by Canarsie
To assist those SkyMiles members who want to reach a certain Medallion level next year, I pose the following challenge to all Delta FlyerTalkers:

What is the maximum number of Medallion Qualification Miles one can accrue towards Medallion status for next year?

The best fare I have found is $613.50 round-trip for an A-class (First Class) fare between Atlanta and Orange County airport in California. At an official distance of 1,919 miles each way (according to Delta Air Lines), that means one can earn a total of 7,676 Medallion Qualification Miles for $613.50.

That is a cost of 8¢ (or, to be more precise, US$.0799244) per Medallion Qualification Mile.

For the record, I am still weighing my options as to whether it is worth it for me.

I challenge other Delta FlyerTalk members to find a less-expensive Medallion Qualification Mile. Who knows — it may assist someone to achieve Medallion status for next year (whether one thinks it is worth the effort and expense) who otherwise may not have been able to do so.

Go ahead. I dare you.
I took DL in Y 6 months ago from my home-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-MSP-home for under one cent per mile. If one can afford a Y, B, or M fare, you are really in the MQM chips, but not cost wise.