FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaky 'drop fee' in ANC
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:15 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by robbert
Great advice everyone, this is good to know, thank you! I mailed Avis to have the fee reversed and I'll give them a few days to respond. The fee was not mentioned on the original reservation but not in the way posted above.

I also don't like it that they do not automatically deduct the AWD codes. When I got the car I did not remember what the code in the reservation was for so I did not get the discount. I'm going to try and get that back as well.

Will report back later.
It's Avis of Alaska, a franchise.

Renting from them, it's more like you rented from some completely different company than Avis. They don't honor most of the Avis coupons, they don't participate in Avis First, they don't do anything much for President's Club members, they don't ..(I think you are getting the idea here.)

They are really good at collecting for every ding on your car, though.

Originally Posted by jackal
Avis Alaska is an independent franchise and tries to get away with policies and procedures that are contrary to Avis corporate standards, and you may encounter some resistance from Avis HQ in dealing with them because of their status as a franchise, but press forward. If you get nowhere with Avis, I would file a dispute with your credit card company.
Yup.

David