FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:02 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by LoveToFlyOften
Alright, I'm currently sitting in 10D on a 737-800 (Bulkhead). Do NOT book EC in row 10 unless its the aisle seat (unlimited leg room due to the cut out). There is no improvement in leg room against a standard economy bulkhead.

There is a noticeable difference in recline though, and I think the seat is comfortable (and I had a 12 hour flight in Economy before this one)!

Happy seat picking ya'll.
The 737-800 I was on the other day did not have a cutout, rather, the very uncomfortably close bulkhead (with no cutout) extended only half-way in front of 10C. This made it bearable if you slant your legs while sitting in the aisle, but it is otherwise impossible with this design for passengers with legs of moderate length to stretch out because of how close the bulkhead wall is (stupidly, they built it halfway between row 10 and the last row of First, creating alot of deadspace (and with no cutout of any kind for storage or leg extension). I was able to reach around the edge of the bulkhead and store my stuff under the back aisle seat in First. I would never pay extra for this type of seat.