FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DENVER: Hyatt Regency vs. Grand Hyatt
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:06 am
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by tennisboy
I have an event at the Denver Press Club and am spending 2 nights in Denver. Should I go Grand or Hyatt Regency? I'm a Diamond on a trial membership and would ideally like a suite upgrade - which has nicer suites? And do both have clubs for me to use? I am also a swimmer (I see both have pools).

Thanks
I've stayed at both and prefer the Grand but will stay at the Regency if it is less expensive - it's that close of a contest between the properties.

I've used suite upgrade certs several times at both hotels. The Regency's suite upgrade is for a lockout with a Murphy bed, full sized refrigerator, etc. For lack of a better description, it is merely another hotel room that doesn't have a bed.
The Grand's suite upgrade is an actual suite, where there is a separate living and sleeping area. It is not a lockout.
I prefer actual suites vs lockouts so I give the Grand the nod on that front.

Both have great staffs, both have great club lounges, both have great restaurants, both are a very short walk from the 16th street mall.