FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Malaysia travel…
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:33 pm
Dolphinyong

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Perfect thread for our upcoming trip--Thanks Dolphinyong!

A few questions:

1. Any thoughts on taking the train from Penang to Kuala Lumpur. We were thinking about two nights at each place and the train in the middle;

2. Is Kuala Lumpur festive for New Year's Eve?

3. Do you like the location of the E&O Hotel in Penang (which me be a bit out of you area of expertise).

Thanks much.
Hi, glad that you like this thread. There are certainly more information that I should gain in order to make this thread better.

1. I don't really recommend you to take the train from Penang to Kuala Lumpur. The long distance train in Malaysia is known as KTM. And what is famous about KTM is it's capability of DELAY. It happens very very frequent. My girlfriend's mum just got stuck at the train station for 2 hours because of the delay. I would recommend you to spend one more night at Kuala Lumpur. Just take the express bus from Penang to Kuala Lumpur. I think most Malaysia prefer the buses than train. The buses in Malaysia are kinda luxurious if you wanna compare them with those in Europe, however, there's no attached toilet on the bus. The bus driver will make several stopover along the highway though, no worry=)

2. Yes=) And it's crowded especially at Bukit Bintang area.

3. I looked on the hotel's location, it's situated near the city centre, and it's by the beach if not mistaken. So, it's perfect=)

Enjoy yourself. And if possible, do give us some feedback after your trip. It would certainly help the others=) Thanks a lot.

Regards.