FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Malaysia travel…
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:15 pm
tomy77

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mario33
Taxis at Sentral do not run on meter, and at the KLIA Ekpress arrival hall taxi rank they have both budget (red & white) and premium (blue) taxis. 2 companies are given the exclusive rights to run the budget and premium service respectively, so they each have their own monopoly.

And the fare mentioned for the premium service is the official fare, it is so outreageous I once asked them whether they use a Rolls Royce

The budget taxis are much cheaper but the drivers create an artificial
shortage during peak hours. I once queued up for 1 hr when there were only 2 passengers ahead of me. Some of these drivers would park their taxis round the corner, and they would then approach the passengers with exorbitant fares or try to pool 2 or 3 solo travellers into 1 cab. Others would just sit on the bench smoking and chatting amongst themselves, and yes I can recognize their faces !
Sorry missed the reply by dolphinyong above.
Mario33 is right. From what i understand in KL Sentral there's no meter taxi. Only 2 "official" taxi stands. and it runs on flat rate.
So true, the "premium" is way too expensive. And the car was so not premium
And there's long wait too (only 1 ahead of me). They said it's due to traffic jam, so no car yet.