FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange situation - F seat not needed, can I give it away
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:36 pm
mjfink

Strange situation - F seat not needed, can I give it away

I have a flight upcoming PBI->PHL with my wife on an award ticket. We are booked on 2 different PNRs, but both tickets were bought with miles. The trip up we'll be together, but, on the return, I was called away for business, so I won't be using my PHL->PBI ticket, I'll be flying PHL->DFW (the same day, almost the same time) for business instead. Normally no problem, I'll just throw away the 2nd part of my award ticket and call it day.

Problem is, my ticket from PHL-PBI is a FC ticket (purchased with miles). My wife's ticket is in coach, so, obviously, I'd like to give her my seat on that flight (which, otherwise, will go empty).

Is there any way to do this without incurring fees? We'll be checking in the same time, so, I was thinking of checking in for both flights and giving her my FC ticket. However, I know she won't be able to board with that ticket, can she use her ticket to board but sit in my FC seat and show the FA that we "switched"? Or is there a way to "swap names" on an already issued ticket?

Thanks for any help!