FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Celebrating Birthday onboard Cathay First by Cleaning out the Entire Plane (CX F)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:40 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Celebrating Birthday onboard Cathay First by Cleaning out the Entire Plane (CX F)

Introduction

Finally another Short hair Francis TR, its been a very hectic year due to a group thesis as part of my senior year in University but without further adieu…

Planning for birthdays tends to be absolutely tough for me, now its gotten even tougher since half of my friends have already graduated and live elsewhere.
So way back in Nov, my friend and FTer jfkeze was enticing me to do a F trip on CX F to YVR since he’s never been to YVR. Lucky for us, we had some flexibility in choosing the weekend we wanted to go.
Finally CX opened up 2 F rewards seat Thursday night before Easter weekend which was perfect since it was right near my birthday and also because I had to go to YVR for some personal stuff that weekend.
I ended up booking it as JFK-YVR-HKG and using YVR as my stopover as allowed by AA rewards while Jfkeze ended up AMS-LHR-JFK-YVR so he used JFK as his stopover
As for my other friends, they were either Toronto or Calgary based so a car trip or a US airways mileage ticket got everyone to Vancouver

I would like to thank jfkeze and SFO777 for their contributions towards the writing of this report!

Route Map

Flights (2 Flights, 2742 Miles)
All Flights flown
Jetblue Airways 7 – Buffalo to New York Kennedy (Economy Class)
Cathay Pacific Airways 889 – New York Kennedy to Vancouver (First Class)

Trip Parts
Part 1 – You Cleaned out the Entire CX First Class Catering?!?

Links to Other Written Trip Reports
Click Here for Other Trip Reports

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Nov 6, 2013 at 8:27 am Reason: All Completed :)