FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:37 pm
burkestr

Programs: MVPG(since03), HHg
Many things that stood out for AS were great. Then good. Then okay. Now pure crap. I was a loyal AS flyer. I sat at the luncheons and heard over and over, they benefits would not be devalued.

Oops. My measly 550,000 miles flown, mostly for leisure, at higher prices, are basically persona non grata acknowledged.

All the cards go back. Makes more open FC seats "necessitiated by ongoing cost pressures and growing demand for limited space in first class, which made the costs of continuing to offer the Companion Fare fare for first class bookings unsupportable."

Dear Caroline Boren, please deliver the "targeted consumer feedback" as follows: As you no longer wish to provide a personal service oriented, cost effective, business model, I choose to no longer use your services. I have already been in touch with several colleagues who share the same opinion. My $25k annual spend is no longer needed. Who is your "micro focus monetary core"? It is obviously no longer loyalty based. Bite me.

Respectfully,
[name redacted]

Last edited by jackal; Jul 10, 2012 at 10:30 pm Reason: removing real name and MP # for privacy protection