FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:50 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dave1013
Dear Mr. dave1013,

We appreciate that you took the time to contact Caroline Boren with regard to our upcoming changes to our Alaska Airlines Bank of America credit cards. Caroline has asked that I respond to you on her behalf.

The changes to the credit card program benefits were aimed at maintaining the program's viability while also protecting what we felt were the most important components of the value that it offers to cardholders like yourself.

It has been many years since we have made significant changes to our credit card benefits and we were finding it increasingly challenging to not modify the features and benefits in today’s economy, and with the growth of our airline into markets across the country and across the Pacific to Hawaii.

I know you mentioned canceling your Bank of America card. (Note: nowhere in my email did I mention canceling my card - which leads me to believe (1) this is a canned response and (2) unlike the baggage fee for upgraders reconsideration, there's no turning back on this change) I wanted to share with you that we still offer unsurpassed value among comparable airline and travel rewards cards, including: top mileage earn rates for everyday purchases and Alaska Airlines purchases; a companion certificate that can used everywhere we fly, including Hawaii and Mexico; an enhanced lounge benefit for both new and existing premium cardholders; and the ability to redeem miles on Alaska Airlines and our 15 airline partners.

Mr. dave1013, thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your business and thank you for being a Mileage Plan and Gold member with us since 1987. We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you on board an Alaska Airlines flight in the near future.

Warm Regards,

"Jane Doe"
Customer Care Manager
yeah that sounds to me like a phony blanket response. They dont give a #@_$ what anybody has to say