FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New (and returning) routes! SFO-TPE, SFO-CDG, ORD-MTY, IAD-SAL, others
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:24 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gengar
SFO-TPE is just too little, too late especially if it's on a 787.
It will be on a 3-cabin 772.
Originally Posted by halls120
The issue hasn't been EWR-DUB, ...
I'm glad to hear that TATL flying on the 752 is actually not so ridiculously reprehensible any more as previous posts have suggested.
Originally Posted by Halo117
Heck yeah....many business decisions are made to retaliate and/or bluff against decisions made against a company involved reardless of the financial impact.
In the real world?

So in essence United will lose O&D traffic and connecting traffic while ceding market share in the southwest/mexico area and you think this was done as financially sound business move.
Why do you believe that the claims that they were losing money on the canned routes were false?

All of this occurring in the past 2 months....great coincedence or retaliation?
These cuts were coming anyways. The Hobby thing was seen by some as a convenient excuse to shift the blame for the cuts. Reality is they were almost certainly happening anyways.

I just don't see how Jeff is planning to make up for the cuts at IAH that will keep his O&D/regional connecting passengers/ground staff happy to stick with UA. I know Jeff's game plan...he will try to show that IAH is losing more money than they gain from HOU INTL flights, so that the city may come back with great incentives as an apology, but at the same time its a big gamble because he is causing alot of ill will toward many O&D and connecting passengers.
Or, you know, choosing to stem the bleeding on routes where they were losing money anyways. The idea of optimizing passenger flow over the network is very real.