FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:22 am
miles4sheli

update - all is well

[QUOTE=miles4sheli;18874246]Hi,
I have a First MileSaaver Award from AMS-JFK award "On Hold" for a few days. This shows clearly when I click on my reservation details. However, if I click on My Reservations from the dropdown Reservations bar, the summary shows "On Request." QUOTE]

Just wanted to give an update on this for those who may be experiencing the same issue. After I made the purchase, my reservation itself went from "On Hold" to "On Request," but within an hour it went to "Ticketed". There were a couple of glitches when I went to purchase: 1) even though I had selected my seats when I held the reservation, it did not show up on the purchase page. The seats I held DID reappear on my reservation once I completed the purchase. 2) For whatever reason, the system wouldn't allow me to submit passport/contact info. This has happened in the past, and I'm usually able to do it in a few hours. 3) Once the purchase was complete, the screen didn't look 'normal' like it does when I purchase an all-AA ticket (1st leg from AMS-LHR is with BA) - there was no actual confirmation of my credit card receipt, mileage deduction, etc., except for a little message line about being sent a receipt in the future once my reservation from "Purchased" to "Ticketed."

In the end, it all worked out. While my ticket was On Hold, I did call AA & doublecheck. The agent told me "On Request" in my case was due to the BA first leg and that it would be fine. It was!