FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Future Churner & RTW Traveler
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:10 pm
direct

Originally Posted by redtop43
Not sure if this will help, but assuming you have the funds available, you might pay your bill before it arrives. Using a bill-pay out of your bank account, payment is usually posted in 1-2 days. If your statement date is the 25th, log in on the 20th and find out how much you owe and pay it. Or even pay it more often than that.
That's a good option. I usually run it up and pay when close to limit, which I haven't had an issue with except now seeing the effect of that being reported as balance.

Originally Posted by civico
All are decent cards, but I'm personally more attached to the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Freedom is putting me on track to CSP. I spent some time looking into CSP and I'm liking it as an everyday card.

The DL Reserve card earns Delta points...enough said.
What's the downside of Skymiles? I know a few people who have medallion and couldn't give me any cons.

SPG is certainly a strong card. One downside is that you'll pay the 3% foreign transaction fee when traveling abroad.
Didn't know that. I see CSP has none.

Oh, and I forgot to put in last post...Welcome to Flyertalk! Wish I had been smart enough to get involved in this hobby at 19 instead of 28. Missed out on a ton of miles, so congrats on getting a nice head start on most of us!
Cheers! And thanks for all the info