FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaccompanied minors
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:10 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by BKKROP
The important factor is to keep these two operations seperate, otherwise it will take the slightest delay in either flights to create havoc. The girls will be tagged and handed from one carer to another, the key is to have one delivery point in Bangkok. I once tried to have two lots of passengers, one pax, an unaccompanied minor picked up by the hotel from two different flights, it was a disaster, I have learnt to stay at the service desk and let them come to me
I think having a Bangkok delivery point, per BKKROP's advice, is a big risk. I would plan on receiving your nieces at BKK. Where to receive them? Speak to TG and meet wherever they require or suggest - don't try to make special arrangements. By sticking to their standard operating procedures you will minimize the chances of problems.

Personally, I would not leave the airport pickup to the hotel - too risky if your nieces are being received by people they cannot positively ID and one more thing to go wrong. How do they or the TG staff know the hotel receivers are bona fide? Call me paranoid, but precautions aren't much use after the event.

The Thai's are wonderful with children and I would imagine TG will take great care of your UMs.

Hope all goes well. If you get a chance, please debrief us on UM procedures at BKK for the benefit of others.

Last edited by hgp; Jul 9, 2012 at 4:19 am