FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Repairing Windshield Crack Before Returning
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:14 pm
arf04

If I were you I would wait to see what National has to say. I recently had a rock chip on a National rental. I reported it and National wanted $108 to settle it. I filed a claim with my Visa card and they are handling it with National. I haven't heard the final news on this. I have had a few chips repaired on my own windshield and honestly they don't really look all that good, so I wouldn't personally pre-emptively repair a rental. Some stations don't care about these things and others do so if you are lucky and land with one where they don't care then you're all set. Keeping one of the windows open a crack when the vehicle is parked will help avoid a crack developing as the windshield pressure will be more equal during temperature changes.

Interestingly, I've been hoping for a couple of years that 2-3 little chips on my car will cause a crack so that I can get my windshield replaced off my insurance, but no luck so far!