FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Fare FAQ - Bank of America Mileage Plan Visa
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:57 pm
evoG

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by ashley1245
1. I'd like to go from LAX to Honolulu on Alaska. Then, I would buy a separate, inter Island flight to hop over to Kauai. I would then want to use the other half of the companion pass to fly home from Kauai to LAX. Can you do two different legs like this with the companion pass?
Yep, and then some! Open jaws are fine. Use the multi-city search feature to book an open jaw like what you've described, or even more if you like. You will have to connect to get to the islands from LA, and you are limited to AS/QX/OO operated flights with the companion code- so you can't book a DL operated LAX-HNL flight.

Originally Posted by ashley1245
2. I know if I'm redeeming miles, I'm stuck to whatever is available for award tickets. Are there any limits like this if I'm using a companion pass? In other words, when I try and book tickets using a companion pass will I get stuck with 3 stopovers and an overnight flight to Hawaii?
The only limitation is that flights must be operated by AS/QX/OO. You should be able to book any flights and fares with two seats available for sale. You browse them by price/schedule as when shopping for a single seat. Desired routings/flights could, of course, be more expensive, but you'll only pay for one passenger