FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:20 am
FederalFlyer

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by glader
Another datapoint: Called UA for SQ PNR for my itinerary which was a change to an existing ticket originally on UA metal. However, after calling twice and speaking to two reps they were both not able to locate my SQ PNR and said I can call SQ with my UA ticket number and get the PNR directly from them. I'm a little concerned some are getting their SQ PNR from UA but others are not.

I figure its best to wait to call SQ until the dust settles.
I just called UA to get my SQ PNR (as well as my spouse's SQ PNR, booked through a different UA account). I gave the UA ticket numbers and only one SQ PNR came back. I gave the UA confirmation number and both came back. I went to Singapore's site and both were found using the SQ PNRs and I was able to select seats. FYI, it's SFO-SIN-SFO in late May/early June of 2013.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I should try to convert the SIN to a stop over and add a quick hop out to MLE onto this. However, I worry that might be pushing my luck right now. So I think I'll just sit tight and be extremely happy with what I hopefully have.

Thanks to OP and everyone else involved in this post for all the assistance!